Administrators, also known as sysops, are trusted users on Gravity Falls Fan Fiction. All administrators are voted into that position by the community, and help keep the wiki a safe, informative and fun place to be. Administrators are all just normal users, but with access to a few extra tools that allow them to keep the wiki a nice place.
Administrator's abilities Edit
Administrators have access to some different abilities than other users, including:
- No rate limits on account creation, moving pages or uploading files.
- The ability to delete or restore a page, and to view a deleted page.
- The ability to delete, edit, or toggle an article comment.
- The ability to protect a page so that only certain users can edit it, and permission to edit any protected page.
- The ability to protect certain aspects of the wiki in the case of extreme vandalism.
- Permission to edit the site interface, such as the sidebar and sitenotice, or the site skin.
- The ability to block a user from editing Brickipedia.
- The ability to move files.
- The ability to assign Patroller, Rollbacker, and Chat Moderator rights to users.
Administrators are not:
- Better than other users.
- Owners of the wiki.
- Administrators do not have more of a say in wiki matters than a user without administrator rights.
What can administrators not do? Edit
Administrators should not use their administrator powers to settle editing disputes; for example, to lock a page on a version he or she prefers in an editing dispute that isn't vandalism. Administrator powers should be used to help keep the wiki clear of vandalism, spam, and users who make malicious edits, but not for simple disagreements between users acting in good faith. Ideally an admin shouldn't be considered "in charge". The ideal admin is just someone who is trusted to have a few extra buttons and to use them for the benefit of the Wikia community.
Who are the administrators? Edit
Active administrators Edit
|Seat 1||Animal Crossing Leader|
talk • contributions
|Founder • Administrator • Bureaucrat||Active|
How do I use administrator powers? Edit
See Help:Administrators' how-to guide for a guide on using admin functions.
Becoming an administrator Edit
For you to become an administrator, someone with bureaucrat access must make you one. On larger Wikia, there will usually be a community page for requests, with a page name such as "Gravity Falls Fanfiction Wiki:Requests for adminship". On a smaller wiki, you may simply ask on the community portal or Forum, or ask a bureaucrat directly on his or her talk page.
If there are no active bureaucrats, use the "Requests for adminship" page to nominate users to become admins or bureaucrats. Once a community decision has been reached (or if there is no active community to debate the decision), please leave a message at the wiki adoption requests page and Wikia Staff can provide the rights.