We never know what Samuel's backstory fully, but while him and his dad Hermann moved here, Samuel witnessed Hermann was clawed to death by a hooded figure, some confirm to be the Brass Demon.
Another striking mystery is the scar he got on his eye. Sure, Samuel mentions that 'some guy' gave him that scar, but who?
As a proper security guard Samuel is one serious individual. He does his best to keep the Mystery Shack being under law, which gained his interest into using security cameras, and also keeping an eye out for the paranormal in Gravity Falls. Despite these traits he is great towards his friends and he gets along with everyone. He is also fit and intelligent, another useful trait.
Samuel has a fondness for death metal and pizza, which is odd for a security guard who keeps law to the Mystery Shack. Though Samuel has a dislike for olives, Samuel does get them anyway. Samuel's favourite death metal band is Heildrake.
Though bravery aside, Samuel dislikes going insane, as he says it might effect his figure. He also hates breaking his glasses and for an odd reason he also hates rich people a lot, particulary because of their snobby behaviour.
- Samuel has an arsenal of sickles, guns, and a rocket launcher. This is seen on Darkness Incarnate, when he gives weapons, mainly firearms to the main characters.
- Since his debut, Samuel is unaware that Wendy has a sort of crush on him. Samuel became aware of that later in Pop Goes the Grunkle, and you'll know what happens later.
- Samuel's middle name actually came from a Nazi with that name (Otto Gunsche, Hitler's adjucant and dumb informer) which is something Samuel is not happy about.
- Samuel is fluently German, which explains his frequent use of the word 'schwindhund'.
- Samuel's voice actor, Nathan Vetterlein, is also the voice of Scout from Team Fortress.
- It is possible that Samuel is secretly a member of the Society of the Blind Eye. One hint is his scarred right eye which lead it to become fully white.
- Samuel is the second person of different effinicity in the series, which is fluently German. Soos is another one, and coincedently, both start with the letter S.